Sunday, August 16, 2009

Modern Moroccan


OK, I stumbled upon an article on Apartment Therapy about modern morrocan style and how lovely is this?  I guess this would sort of describe how my bedroom in Boston looks though there is significantly less white.  I love the bright cheery colors and the sexy mix of fabrics though.
How great is that peacock blue?  Like I said awhile back I love that color and i had wanted to paint a room that but maybe painting a piece of furniture in such a bold color is the way to go.  I'm definitely going to be adding some turquoise accents to my purple and burnt orange room when I get home.  Perhaps some lovely gold and magenta accents will make their way in there as well.  And if I ever get really crazy maybe I'll just go ahead and paint the walls a cheery, sexy peacock color.  Here's my little polyvore creation of how I would like it to look...

I'm thinking a few home made pillows, a colorful new rug, some great turquoise curtains and a new coat of paint on our bedside tables(though I think I would do turquoise since my man would kill me if I painted one pink) and it's good to go.  I've already got great bedding and that chandelier.  So what do you guys think?  What's your decorating style?

What I'm Listening To:
Day I Die- Drug Rug

^ This band is awesome and they're managed by some friends of mine.  They're a super cute couple from Boston and they're on tour now so go check them out!

1 comment:

  1. I just took a quiz the other day and got glamorous classic. Now, if I can just figure out how to glam up my house for next to nothing. Ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete