Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cat Nap: 100 Years


I love this picture.  It seems so peaceful and natural.  It reminds me of the old legend of Rip Van Winkle who slept for a hundred years, incidentally said legend is a local one to where I grew up.  I could use a solid nap, maybe not a hundred years, but I think 50 or so would do me just fine.  I love New York, but sleeping is just not a thing that happens here.  It never seems to fail that by the time I saunter to my bed after a night of drinking cheap beer on the roof, watching old movies in bed, or discussing love and life with my friends and roommates till the wee hours of the morning it is practically time to get up and start all over again.  Not that I'm complaining, because really I wouldn't have it any other way but it does leave me rather in need of a nice, cool, dark place to lay my weary head for a little while.  Luckily, my loving mother has invited me to come stay at her house on the lake for a few days before heading back to Boston, ahhhhh, some peace and quiet.

What I'm Listening To:

Neapolitan Dreams- Lisa Mitchell

^Post on her soon!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo that sounds absolutely dreamy- a nap and a lake house! I could use both of those too!

    That reminds me that I was just thinking about Thomas Jefferson who only slept about four hours a night. Apparently Bill Clinton and Martha Stewart are the same way. Who are these bionic people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaks, freaks I tell you. Also I have a sneaking suspicion I know why Clinton only slept 4 hours a night. It is amazing, I have been averaging about 4 hours and making it through. But I'm slowly getting cranky and frankly it isn't great for my looks. I need my beauty rest you know?

    ReplyDelete