Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ink Love: Nerdgasm!


Confession:  I'm a nerd.  A fantasy nerd.  I love fantasy books and have since I was a kid, Tolkien, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, even, shhhhh, Twilight.  These tattoos are hardcore nerd tattoos and while I don't think I'll be tattooing a picture of Dumbledoor on myself any time soon I still think these subtle ones are a bit cool.  The above is the lantern from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, which happens to be my favourite book.
This one is hard to see but it says mischief managed in white ink along her collar bone.  It's a reference to Harry Potter and the marauders map.
OK, I'm a big fan of the TV show Buffy the Vampire slayer and this tattoo is a reference to something one of the characters says often.  It means "I'm fine" and if you didn't know the show you would probably never get the reference, which makes me giggle a bit.

4 comments:

  1. Omg these are so cool (well cool to me I am a fantasy book nerd too!)
    Love the "Mischeif Managed" one especially.
    Haha cannot believe some of the ones I have seen on the internet though of like a huge Hagrid on their backs!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love the 'five by five' tattoo...the text is perfect and it just fits on the wrist! plus it doesn't loook too nerdy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I'm glad you guys like. I had actually been toying with getting five by five on my wrist eventually. As a nod to my love for Buffy but also as a way of reminding myself that no matter what I'm a tough chick and I will be fine.

    ReplyDelete