Friday, June 5, 2009

Penny Saver: Pot Luck


In light of my recent post on surviving the depression I've decided to do another Penny Saver post.  This time it is in honor of the all mighty pot luck.  My roomies and I love to do Halsey Kingdom family dinner.  Since there's so many of us and such a tiny kitchen one person takes charge of the meal and one helps with chopping and such.  We all split the groceries and the booze and often invite from friends to bring along some food and booze as well.  We usually end up with left overs.  Pot lucks are not only a great way to save money but they're a great way to spend time with your friends and enjoy some good food.

What I'm Listening To:

L'amoureuse- Carla Bruni

3 comments:

  1. agreed. i'm always trying to throw potlucks, although most ppl aren't as into cooking as i am and just bring beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I do love a good potluck. I totally wish I could make this a regular thing with my roomies... or roomie (that would be Cath)- somehow we manage to eat together maybe once a week.

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love doing potlucks :) sometimes a bunch of my friends and i will decide to make dinner together-- we'll all go to the store and chip in on costs, and have an amazing dinner for only a couple dollars each. it's definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete