Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Little Romance...



I love how simple and romantic christmas lights or as I prefer to call them "fairy lights" can be.  Sure, they can come off as tacky, but don't they look just lovely here?  There is a roof outside of my roommates window that we hang out on sometimes but it's too dark at night, so we're thinking of putting up some christmas lights for a little ambiance and well, so no one falls off the roof.  What do you guys think, fairy lights for anything but Christmas, yay or ney?

5 comments:

  1. is there an outlet so that you can plug in the lights out there? i would love to have lights on my balcony but i would have to use an extension cord and then i would never be able to close my door and i'd be afraid of ppl tripping on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a window that opens on to the roof so when we're out there it will be open and we can just plug them in in my roommates room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh definitely a yea!! I'm planning to use them in my bedroom (it won't go with our midcentury furniture in the main room) a la Helena Christensen's loft (on The Selby/ Paris Vogue June). Take pics of the roof when you guys have them up!

    ps- Cath and I call them fairy lights too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with you that fairy lights CAN look tacky, but in these pictures wrapped alongside the gauzy curtains they look beautiful and so romantic!

    ReplyDelete