Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dream Job: Novelist


I started college as an english major(actually a creative writing major, ok ok, it was poetry)  I had hopes of writing poems and novels and other such things.  But sadly, I realized that while I love writing, I wasn't going to be able to make a living on it.  I didn't want to have to write, and the future I was seeing was a swiftly crumbling journalism route or a magazine career akin to Andy Anderson the how to girl of How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days.  So instead, I went with my gut and made the jump to music.  And I'm glad I did.  I love music and the thrill and the tingle it gives me.  But sometimes, and I by no means consider this a dead dream, I still think about shipping off to Paris or London and writing those stories that float around in my head.  What's your dream job?  Do you have it?  Are you going for it?  Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. what kind of music work are you doing? i feel like it can be just as hard to make a living in music depending on what you're doing which is why i never entertained dreams of making a career as a singer. i have several dream jobs but am taking my time figuring out which one i will actually pursue next...i let the sucky economy take the blame for my laziness in pursuing.

    ReplyDelete