Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Halsey Sisters

I am going through musical withdrawl. I don't think I mentioned it, but over the summer my roommates and I formed a casual but very fullfilling band which we dubbed The Halsey Sisters. We wrote a few songs, covered a few, played in a few parks and it was frankly fantastic. I am missing that outlet terribly now.

I just found out that a friend of mine, who is not a musician per say, sang at her bars open mic with a friend. The wave of jealousy that washed over me was not only overwhelming but surprising. I was intensely jealous of that oppurtunity and really wanted the same for myself.

My old roommate and have been attempting some long distance song writing and she's coming up in a few weeks to record some stuff for my recording class and I'm heading to NYC this weekend to play a bit and see some friends. But I'm itching to have some people to write and play with on a more consistent basis, and also the time with which to do so(dare to dream).

What I'm Listening To:
I and Love and You- The Avett Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment