Friday, April 17, 2009

Penny Saver: Flowers


I don't know about you, but I love fresh flowers.  And sadly since my thumb seems to be a rather sallow shade of yellow my potted flowers don't always work out.  When I find wild flowers I'm more than happy to pick them, but sadly, living in Boston, this does not happen very often.  So this brings me to my penny saving tip...Daisies.  Occasionally my loving boyfriend will pick me up flowers at the grocery store(generally this goes with him making brunch, yum) and last time he did this he picked up some simple, pretty, white daisies.  Those suckers are going on a month now and they look as gorgeous as day one.  Moral of the story?  If you love fresh flowers but can't afford to splurge on fancy roses, then daisies are you're prettiest and longest lasting bet.  They smell great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment