Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Break Up

Hey guys, I'm back for now but since I still don't have a computer(sob!) my posts will be few and far between.  My life is feeling a lot like the above movie, and let me tell you, I was not a fan of that movie.  I always thought Vince Vaun was such a jerk in the movie that I couldn't stand it.  Compared to my ex however Vince is looking like a prince right now.  Breaking up is hard to do no matter what way you slice it, but I always feel that keeping a level of maturity, even if you're angry, is so important.  Especially when you live together.  

I have to admit, this break up is really crushing me.  In the end it wasn't even about any of the issues that had come up for us over the summer so much as his reaction to them.  I don't want to go into details because I don't want to be disrespectful but I will say that he has really gone out of his way to personally attack me and while I know he's upset it's frightening to know that someone I loved for so long could be so intentionally cruel to me.  

That said I have really been trying to take care of myself through all of this by cuddling with my animals, eating good, healthy meals, surrounding myself with good friends and keeping my mind on school and my new job.  And yes, I got a new job, it's actually my old job that I had to leave for my internship but it is none the less wonderful.  I'm a receptionist at a local hair salon, gossip, magazines and free hair cuts.  Everything a recently single girl needs.  I've also been watching a lot of my go to bad day shows/movies such as Harry Potter, Buffy the Vampire Slayer the second season(those of you who know the show know why) and Twilight.  Go ahead and judge me, but they make me feel better.  I wanted to thank you all again for your sweet comments, they really do mean the world to me.  And if any of you are ever in town or in my part of town there is always a chilled bottle of wine in my new single ladies pad that's just waiting for some friends to help me drink it.

What I'm Listening To:
Gypsy Part of Town- Gogol Bordello

10 comments:

  1. Re: Buffy s. 2 being perfect catharsis... I know EXACTLY why... but at the same time, it could also hurt you very deeply, dredge up terrible, dark feelings, esp when there were very cruel, sadistic things Angel did and said to emotional maim B. It's a great show, but at the same time, be careful with stuff like that during break ups. You may hurt yourself more than you think.

    When I broke up with my first fiancé (3rd year college--very damaging relationship seemingly similar to yours), I prayed for music like Kelly Clarkson ("Since You've Been Gone"). When she finally debuted, even though I was happily single at the time, I rejoiced, because finally someone finally sang a powerful, angry, "freedom" song which helped me actually move on.

    I hope you feel better. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you're doing a little better. i've been having trouble getting over my own breakup, but bad movies certainly help. hope to hear from you again soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a long road to recovery, but by gosh you have got a great attitude. Don't fall into the trap of only remembering the good things.

    Also, Gogol Bordello always helps! Try to see them live, it's absurdly fun.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys, thanks so much for the comment. MK I've been listening to Kelly Clarkson constantly! It's true that the season can be pretty harsh, but I'm looking at it as it was so much worse but she was so strong and if she could get through it(even if she was a fictional character) I can too.

    Rebecca, break ups just suck, plain and simple. I'm sorry to hear your relationship didn't work out either. But I must say, we are two pretty foxy single ladies, and I'm sure we will be just fine. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here for ya!

    Brittany, Gogol Bordello is incredible live aren't they?! Eugene's girlfriend is actually a friend of mine so my roommates and I spent half our summer following Gogol Bordello around NYC and partying with Eugene and my friend at gay bars in China town till 5am. I just keep thinking about that and thinking how awesome my summer was, that helps make the breakup feel a little less awful.

    Thanks so much for all your comments, and it looks like I may get a computer this weekend so hopefully The Kitty Bear Chronicles will be back up and running at full speed soon. I'm looking forward to chronicling my life as a sexy single lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! It sounds cliche but it will get better. Keep taking care of yourself. I never understood those people who claim to be 'good friends' with their exes- I don't buy it! I'm not even close to aquaintences with any of my exes. As far as I'm concerned, they can all get on a bus and drive off a cliff! Seriously.

    Please- no judgements here! If I was on the east coast, I'd be there in a heartbeat to watch 'Twilight' and 'Buffy' with you! Perhaps even some 'Firefly' and/or 'Gossip Girl'. . . <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, hop on a plane Katie, I've never even seen firefly or, try not to gasp, gossip girl. Though I was an avid OC fan. Sadly TV shows without monsters seem just a little too real right now, even if they are off the wall crazy rich kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm so sorry that your break-up ex is still hurting you so much! You always sound like you are doing what's best for you and staying strong- that's so inspiring!
    And no judgement here whatsoever. When I feel down and need just cuddly nice things, I watch hours of Gilmore Girls and eat egg sandwiches and cookies.
    If Cath and I could fly your way now with a chilled bottle of wine- we so would! But we are sending all the good vibes from NOLA your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww you guys thanks so much! And don't be fooled by my calm demeanor, I certainly have many hysterical calls to my mother in between. But I've been lucky enough to have the support of my parents and friends which has made a huge difference. A certain cute boy who I met in New York has also been very sweet through all of this. Though I am sooooo not looking for another relationship! However, the recent male attention in the wake of my single status has been very flattering. All the same, I'm just enjoying being single and being with my friends and hoping that this situation resolves without hurting either party too much. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe your friend is Eugene's girlfriend. Actually I can't believe he HAS a girlfriend! She must be the most hated woman in America haha. I saw them live in Tucson tonight!! I want to party with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, she would be the most hated woman in America if she weren't so sweet and down to earth. She's naturally a model/actress but they've also known each other for years, she's romanian and speaks like 6 languages and goes to princeton for her phd. Needless to say, she makes me terribly jealous.

    ReplyDelete